ATS-V Charge Pipe / Synapse Engineering BOV
The Renick Performance Charge pipe kit with Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter Blow Off Valves. Renick Performance decided early on in the testing of the RP ATS-V, that the OEM charge pipes needed to go for multiple reasons.
- The OEM charge pipes have a built in resonator that muffles any sound of turbo “WHOOSH”. To many (Including our team at RP) the harmonics of a turbocharger are a harmonious sound and we would rather hear it!
- The OEM BOV uses a very special fitting like nothing else and the surrounding space/angle is not hospitable for many aftermarket BOV options. For many of us RB26 fans and 2JZ fans yes, we want options to play with. Renick Performance has you covered.
- The OEM GM BOV has ZERO sound… and bleeds boost.. The RP Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter has a very robust sound and isn't to loud in full-recirc. When coupled with the RP CAI you will be able to hear the BOV dumps clearly. This valve is the fastest and most precise valve on the market. It exceeds the circuit expectations of the electronic solenoids which control the BOV's. This is the best valve for the LF4 on the market.
The Renick Performance Charge Pipes have laser cut OEM style flanges and have mandrel (One piece) bent aluminum high strength tubing. RP tried and tested many positions to mount the Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter Blow Off Valves. We mounted the V-Band in the most spacious location possible. The fittings couple to any Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter BOV and give you options to use other Synapse Products.
After close collaboration with Synapse Engineering on this kit, we chose to use the Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter Blow Off Valves. Our kit comes with all the correct hoses and fittings to integrate the RP Charge Pipe Kit with the OEM intakes or the RP CAI Kit. The Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter BOV is second to none quality product. The Synchronic Diverter Blow Off Valves will hold boost until the solenoid actuates the valve to open, not like the OEM valve that bleeds.
The GM OEM valve is made of a two part injection molded plastic. Inside is a flimsy rubber stopper with a 2 pound spring and a plastic guide rod. After testing the OEM valve for countless hours and cutting one in half, we found the edges of the rubber stopper (inside the body) were lifting at around 5-8 PSI. The solenoid was not demanding dump but the OEM valve was bleeding boost back to the intake pipes. Even worse, both sides would bleed boost at different rates, this made for an inefficient system.
When we installed the RP charge pipes with the Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter BOV’s, the ATSV held perfect boost all the way to the computer limited point of dump. The Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter BOV’s exceed circuit expectation for "dump" which means your throttle response will be perfect!
The BOV pistons are made to incredibly tight tolerances to ensure a perfectly even rise & fall inside the BOV body. Synapse patented design allows the parts inside the body to move freely not like any other BOV on the market.
The Billet BOV pistons will ensure boost bleed is problem of the past. The Renick Performance charge pipes and Synapse Engineering Synchronic Diverter BOV Kit is a 100% OEM Fitment and requires NO SPECIAL tuning if you route the “Dumped” air to the intake recirc. (If you choose 100% recirc, your tuner can make the change in the HP Tuner Program.).
RP Charge-pipe kits are shipped with the following hardware. All RP V-Series products come in wrinkle black powder coat or Ceramic black turbo housing coating (1300 degree) on the exterior and copper JPL ceramic coating on the inside (1800 degree). Ceramic is an additional $100.00.
*****OEM Engine Cover fits 100%****** Pictures are without engine cover so BOV/Charge pipe kit can be seen for photos.
Kits will ship with the following items-
1. R/L Charge pipes
2. R/L Synapse BOV units pre-installed
3. R/L Boost hose kits cut to length and pre-installed
NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA
We Also Recommend