Low-Profile Oil Cooler Thermostat for LS Engines
Improved Racing's low-profile oil cooler adapter bolts directly to the factory GM LS oil pan and features a built-in thermostat. The angled front cutout and a maximum thickness of just 1.30" makes this unit slim enough to clear most headers.
Oil coolers help prevent the oil from getting too hot, but are also prone to lowering oil temperatures too much during street driving, especially in colder weather. This unit's built-in thermostat helps protect the engine by speeding up warm-up time and maintaining oil temperatures at optimal levels. The thermostat maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C), 200°F (93°C) or 212°F (100°C) +/- 5°F in most conditions.
The adapter features an 1/8" NPT port for an oil sensor or turbo oil supply. It's machined from a single piece of 6061-T6 aluminum and is black anodized. The adapter features standard female -8AN O-ring boss ports for optional anodized adapter fittings for -8AN, -10AN or -12AN lines.
Features and Benefits
100% bolt-on in place of the factory oil bypass cover, just above the oil filter
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory oil bypass cover, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C), 200°F (93°C) or 212°F (100°C) +/- 5°F in most conditions
- Low-profile design maximizes header clearance. Clears most long tube headers such as the JTR and Spoolin Performance headers in FD RX-7 LS engine swaps
- Optional 1/8" NPT oil temp sensor is 100% compatible with the factory C5 Corvette oil temp gauge
- Rebuildable - just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- 1/8" NPT port for a sensor or turbo oil feed line
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Viton seals throughout
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
Temperature Rating Specifications
|Typ. Stabilization Temp
|Full Flow Temp
Available in -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN
- 1x Low-profile thermostatic oil cooler adapter block
- 1x Aluminum oil cooler gasket with Viton seals
- 2x Stainless steel mounting screws
- 1x 1/8" NPT plug with thread sealant
- 2x Black anodized -8AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings (OPTIONAL)
- 1x 1/8" NPT temperature sensor for factory C5 Corvette gauge (OPTIONAL)
- Note: This oil adapter requires O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500" or less. You must use Improved Racing's fittings in order to guarantee proper thermostat operation, fitment and seal.
- Gen IV LS Engines: On some engines, the knock sensor is located above the oil cooler adapter. To clear the oil cooler lines, you may need to loosen and rotate the knock sensor slightly, and unbolt and move the knock sensor wiring harness out of the way.
- All 1997 and later GM LS family engines (Gen III & IV) with rear-sump oil pans including LS1/LS6, LS2, LS3, LS7, L76/L92/L93, LQ4/LQ9, LS9, LSA. Also fits all GM Gen III & IV Vortec V8 engines.
- Does not fit iron block LSX engine without notching.
- NOT suitable for front-sump pans such as Pontiac GTO or Holden/Vauxhall Monaro & Commodore oil pans. Please see Improved Racing's front sump oil cooler adapter for these applications HERE
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.